Check out the Polish Heritage Weekend Mahone Bay Getaway Package!
Yep! By official proclamation, September is now Nova Scotia Polish Heritage Month, and the people of Mahone Bay are always ready for a party! Mahone Bay businesses are teaming up to give you a relaxing, Polish-themed weekend getaway (yes, you read that right), and the opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime. Come to this crown jewel of the South Shore, renowned for its heritage homes, scenic views, and iconic three churches, and enjoy:
- A two-night stay at Kitch’Inn Bed & Breakfast, complete with an authentic Polish breakfast special!
- Meals from the special Polish menus available at two participating restaurants (Mateus Bistro and Rebecca’s)
- A $75 voucher, good at either of the above-named restaurants
- A complimentary, autographed copy of THE BEST POLISH RESTAURANT IN BUFFALO, by Mahone Bay author William Kowalski (this year’s Polish Heritage Month Featured Author)
If everyone’s Irish on Saint Paddy’s Day, then you’ve got the whole month of September to get your Polish on! See you at the Kitch!
Stay at the Kitch’Inn.
Experience fine Polish-inspired cuisine!
Relax with The Big Kowalski
Meet your Eats…
The Biscuit Eater
The Biscuit Eater
Housed in a circa-1775 building, the Biscuit Eater is a Black-led business in Mik’mak’i. We are a refuge + resource for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of colour) and Queer/2SLGBTQ+ communities. Come visit us for afternoon tea, browse our books, or fill up on comfort food!
Rebecca’s offers locally-sourced seasonal food all year long. Our menu is very diverse and everything is made in house; satisfying the palates of seafood and meat lovers alike while also paying close attention to vegan, vegetarian, gluten free & common food restrictive allergies.
Experience the incredible flavours of local food transformed by the culinary genius of Matt Krizan, the visionary, award-winning chef/co-owner of Mateus Bistro and one of Mahone Bay’s star attractions. Winner of multiple culinary awards. You’ll be amazed!
… and Think about Drinks!
Mahone Bay is lucky enough to have its own microbrewery! The Saltbox brews delicious beer right on the premises and offers it for sale at the bar or to go. Relax in the outdoor beer garden, soak up some rays, and take in the ambience of the town. On Sunday afternoons, catch an authentic live Polish ceilidh 🙂 with master fiddler Eilidh Buchanan, her husband the all-around talented Paul Buchanan, and whoever else happens to show up! There are flautists, guitarists, drummers, banjos, and sometimes a bazouki or two. Check out the video below to get a taste of the fun you’re in for!
What else does Mahone Bay have to offer?
- The best fish and chips on the whole dang planet at Oh My Cod!
- The most beautiful pub in the Milky Way at the Mug and Anchor
- The comfortable, rustic-yet-classy companionship of The Barn Coffee and Social House
- Canadian-made skin care products, gifts, and home decor at Sprig
- Excellent thrifting opportunities at Flipped
- Take a tour of Oak Island with celebrity captain Tony Sampson of Salty Dog Tours, featured on the show The Curse of Oak Island
- Endless opportunities to make new friends
- Breathtaking scenery everywhere you look
- Living history at the Settler’s Museum
- Mackerel fishing off the town wharf
- Sea kayaking
- Bike or hike the Dynamite Trail (don’t worry, there’s no actual dynamite)
- Lots more shops where you can find delicious things to eat, beautiful things to feather your nest with, lovely items to adorn your gorgeous self